FLIC GENERAL VOLUNTEER DUTIES
- Review film submission applications
- Check to see if submitted DVD’s will play in a DVD player
- Post festival posters and “Save the Date” cards
- Attend volunteer meetings
Day of Festival
- Be present at information desk during the festival to answer guest questions, give directions, hand out film festival programs, etc.
- Host & assist featured speakers
- Hand out, collect & count ballots for “Best Of” film festival categories
- Sell tickets
- Take tickets
- Sell festival merchandise
- All committees file end of festival reports
- Send out thank you to sponsors & guest speakers
COMMITTEE VOLUNTEER DUTIES
- Write or edit news/promotional materials (background in promotions/publicity preferred)
- Send promotional files/info to provided email addresses
- Research web to help build email list
- Update website, Facebook & Twitter accounts
- Plan, set-up and take-down for all events
- Obtain gift baskets for special guests
- Check-in guests to opening night party at registration desk. Distribute all-festival passes.
Write an updated FLIC report following the festival and distribute it to event sponsors emphasizing the advertising benefits they received from sponsorship and how FLIC attracts visitors to the area. Include a “Certificate of Appreciation” for their support and remind them of the opportunity they have to support additional upcoming FLIC’s.
Review sponsor list for possible changes, plus new prospects that can be added.
Write a letter & sponsor benefits sheet inviting former and prospective donors to become a FLIC sponsor.
Committee members divide the contact list and make person-to-person visits with previous donors and any potentially new donors.
Distribute tickets and badges to sponsors prior to the opening night party. Movie Star & Executive Producer level donors ticket packages will be personally delivered.